Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sonic Gear Evo 3nity

Today I followed my mom to Tesco because she wanted to buy a washing machine to use while our current one is rosak, and also to buy a Nokia N70 Music Edition. Not being fair to me, I grabbed a speaker set and placed it in the trolley. Hey, what could I do - it was too frickin' cheap! It was only RM50 (after Tesco discounts it). Hmm RM50 AFTER discount.. that is the normal LowYat price! But who cares, you'd probably spend more money on petrol than any savings.


It's a Sonic Gear Evo 3nity! I felt like trying out a stupidly cheap surround sound system, but Tesco doesn't have any long audio extension cables (which I need to place some speakers behind me) and the speaker set is already inside the basket. Too much energy will be wasted to carry the thing back to the shelf. Anyway, it's a 2.1 channel audio rating and comes with a standard subwoofer and two satellite speakers. The 'woofer is now under my desk (with my legs resting on it) and the two satellites are wedged beside the monitor.

The sound isn't as good as my Logitech X-240, but when combined just pushes it up to 'Okay'. Perhaps I should have gotten an RM500 set like Altec Lansings, or if I double up the ante I'd get Razer Mako!

Rating: 5/10

No comments: